WiFi Solver FDTD is the newest Education release developed and published by jasmcole. Today we will show you how can you download and install it on your PC using Android Emulator. So sit tight and just follow the step to step Guide on WiFi Solver FDTD PC – Free Download.
App Description / Key Features
With this app you can take a floorplan of your house, set the location of a WiFi router, and simulate how the electromagnetic waves propagate – see an example here:
This is based on a recent blog post 'Helmhurts' at www.jasmcole.com, which was featured on io9, Ars Technica, the Daily Mail, Scientific American and many other blogs.
This app uses the 2D Finite Difference Time Domain method to solve Maxwell's equation on a Cartesian grid. An example floorplan is included in the app.
How to use:
Your floorplan needs to be a .png file, with empty space marked black and materials marked with colours. Images will be converted into the correct materials on loading – this may take a few seconds.
Pixels are mapped to 1 centimetre, so scale the floorplan appropriately.
The simulation is limited in speed due to the mobile processor, so try to keep images below approximately 500×500 pixels
Touch the image to set a router location, marked by a red circle. Select the antenna parameters at the bottom.
Set the number of iterations to run for, how often to plot the result, and the upper limit on the colourmap scale.
Choose a field to plot – the default is the out-of-plane electric field.
Click run and the simulation will begin. Click stop to pause at any time – this saves the simulation progress which can be continued by clicking run again. To reset, open an image again.
To save the simulation output as an image, click Save at any time. Images are saved to internal/external storage and added to the end of the camera roll.
To start recording a simulation click the record 'R' button. When the simulation is stopped a GIF animation is generated.
Under the bonnet:
An antenna oscillates at 2.4 GHz. The edges of the image use absorbing boundary conditions as in Mur 1981, IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility.
Where walls are defined, the relevant refractive indices and loss tangents for 2.4GHz radiation are used.
Wavelength and resolution are currently constant, this may change in a future release.
This app is not intended as a replacement for existing EM simulation software packages.
As a 2D approximation including only simple walls it does not accurately model a given floorplan.
It is, however, a bit of fun and entertaining to play with.
WiFi Solver FDTD provides a quality experience and great visuals, so if you ask about our opinion we recommend its use for greater entertainment.
Also Read: How To Force Quit Multiple Apps On Your Desktop
Download and Install WiFi Solver FDTD on PC
To download and install WiFi Solver FDTD for PC, just follow the following steps:
- At first, You have to download and Android emulators like BlueStacks.
- Once the Bluestack is downloaded. Open it, Now the procedure is same as to use the Android phone.
- Enter your Google ID which you are using on Playstore. If you don’t have then create a new one.
- Now the Android screen will appear on Bluestacks, open the Play store from the menu.
- Type WiFi Solver FDTD on the search bar and go for it.
- Click on the install button and wait for the completion.
- That’s all, enjoy WiFi Solver FDTD on PC.
Download WiFi Solver FDTD for Android and Tablets
Google Play Store Link
More WiFi Solver FDTD Tips Using Bluestacks
- For some reason if you are unable to do it using Bluestacks, you can try other Emulators/OS(e.g Andyroid, iPadian, Knox App Player or Remix OS).
- Sometimes when using WiFi Solver FDTD, Bluestacks ask your fee to pay but gives you the option to download some apps. Every time it asks you just select “Install apps” and continue using it free.
- You can configure your keys inside Bluestacks. You can map specific key to a specific location. And there is options for tilt, swipe, tap, move up/down/right/left…etc
I hope you enjoyed this guide, please rate and share. If you face any problems running WiFi Solver FDTD on your PC or any other issues, leave a comment below.