VLC for Android is a free Android App developed by Videolabs, especially for Android smartphones and tablets. Today we will show you how can you download and install it on your PC using Android Emulator. So sit tight and just follow the step to step Guide on VLC for Android PC – Free Download.
App Description / Key Features
VLC media player is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player that plays most multimedia files as well as discs, devices, and network streaming protocols.
This is the port of VLC media player to the Android™ platform. VLC for Android can play any video and audio files, as well as network streams, network shares and drives, and DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
VLC for Android is a full audio player, with a complete database, an equalizer and filters, playing all weird audio formats.
VLC is intended for everyone, is totally free, has no ads, no in-app-purchases, no spying and is developed by passionate volunteers. All the source code is available for free.
VLC for Android™ plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC. It also support disk shares.
All formats are supported, including MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, Wv and AAC. All codecs are included with no separate downloads. It supports subtitles, Teletext and Closed Captions.
VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume, brightness and seeking.
It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library.
VLC for Android needs access to those categories:
• "Photos/Media/Files" to read your all media files 🙂
• "Storage" to read your all media files on SD cards 🙂
• "Other" to check network connections, change the volume, set the ringtone, run on Android TV and display the popup view, see below for details.
Permission Details :
• It needs "read the contents of your USB storage", in to order to read your media files on it.
• It needs "modify or delete the contents of your USB storage", in order to allow deletion of files and store subtitles.
• It needs "full network access", to open network and internet streams.
• It needs "prevent phone from sleeping" in order to prevent… your phone from sleeping when watching a video.
• It needs "change your audio settings", in order to change audio volume.
• It needs "modify system settings", in order to allow you to change your audio ringtone.
• It needs "view network connections" in order to monitor whether device is connected or not, to hide the streaming parts.
• It needs "draw over other apps" to start the popup menu.
• It needs "control vibration" to give feedback on the controls.
• It needs "run at startup" to set recommendations on Android TV launcher screen, only used with Android TV version.
Our team at Techniorg.com has experienced VLC for Android first hand and found it really interesting, entertaining and helpful, and we also recommend it to you all.
Also Read: How To Make Slime DIY Jelly Toy Play fun Released on Android – PC / Windows & MAC
Download and Install VLC for Android on PC
To download and install VLC for Android for PC, just follow the following steps:
- At first, You have to download and Android emulators like BlueStacks.
- Once the Bluestack is downloaded. Open it, Now the procedure is same as to use the Android phone.
- Enter your Google ID which you are using on Playstore. If you don’t have then create a new one.
- Now the Android screen will appear on Bluestacks, open the Play store from the menu.
- Type VLC for Android on the search bar and go for it.
- Click on the install button and wait for the completion.
- That’s all, enjoy VLC for Android on PC.
Download VLC for Android for Android and Tablets
Google Play Store Link
More VLC for Android Tips Using Bluestacks
- For some reason if you are unable to do it using Bluestacks, you can try other Emulators/OS(e.g Andyroid, iPadian, Knox App Player or Remix OS).
- Sometimes when using VLC for Android, Bluestacks ask your fee to pay but gives you the option to download some apps. Every time it asks you just select “Install apps” and continue using it free.
- You can configure your keys inside Bluestacks. You can map specific key to a specific location. And there is options for tilt, swipe, tap, move up/down/right/left…etc
I hope you enjoyed this guide, please rate and share. If you face any problems running VLC for Android on your PC or any other issues, leave a comment below.