TopoDroid is a free Productivity App which is available on all Android devices including smartphones and tablets. Today we will show you how can you download and install it on your PC using Android Emulator. So sit tight and just follow the step to step Guide on TopoDroid PC – Free Download.
App Description / Key Features
TopoDroid – Cave surveying on Android
TopoDroid helps you to take survey data and accurate sketches while you are in the cave, so that you can detect errors in the data while you are still on the spot and correct them. TopoDroid has many functions to help you get the most out of a surveying trip. In this way, by the time you finish it, a working map is almost ready.
TopoDroid is designed to work *ONLY* with the DistoX (versions 1 and 2), although the survey data can be also entered by hand. TopoDroid has DistoX calibration functions, as well as other advanced DistoX functions.
NOTE. These DistoX are not Leica products.
TopoDroid handles one survey session at a time. It is not a cave survey project manager. For that purpose there are many good PC programs, and TopoDroid exports survey data in several cave program formats (among them: therion, compass, visualtopo, walls, survex), as well as dxf, csv, kml, trackfile, shapefile. Sketches can be exported as therion, csurvey, dxf, svg, shapefile, and png image.
Full list of features, user manual, and docs on https://sites.google.com/site/speleoapps/home/topodroid
This app is open-source, free and ad-free. It has no warranty. By using it you agree that the author is not responsible for any loss of data you might incur, or damage whatsoever, including damages to DistoX devices.
– TopoDroid requires the following permissions: WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE, BLUETOOTH, BLUETOOTH_ADMIN
– Certain functions depend on these permissions:
CAMERA, RECORD_AUDIO, ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION.
– INTERNET permission is necessary to install translations of the user manual.
Before complaining for a crash, switch to English.
Other languages may cause crashes due to missing translations.
BETA and OLD APKS
TopoDroid has an open-beta program: opt-in link on the website.
A few apks of old versions are available on the website.
M. Guerrero (spanish), D. Ros (french), A. Kozhenkov (russian), V. Georgiev (bulgarian), M. Keller (german), F. Toso (italian), H.-J. Luo (chinese), P. Suru (hungarian), R. Severo (potuguese), M. Jurecka (slovak), K. Borgiel (polish), A. Pologea (romanian)
Our team at Techniorg.com has experienced TopoDroid first hand and found it really interesting, entertaining and helpful, and we also recommend it to you all.
Also Read: How To Delete The Hibernation File On Windows 10 [Guide]
Download and Install TopoDroid on PC
To download and install TopoDroid for PC, just follow the following steps:
- At first, You have to download and Android emulators like BlueStacks.
- Once the Bluestack is downloaded. Open it, Now the procedure is same as to use the Android phone.
- Enter your Google ID which you are using on Playstore. If you don’t have then create a new one.
- Now the Android screen will appear on Bluestacks, open the Play store from the menu.
- Type TopoDroid on the search bar and go for it.
- Click on the install button and wait for the completion.
- That’s all, enjoy TopoDroid on PC.
Download TopoDroid for Android and Tablets
Google Play Store Link
More TopoDroid Tips Using Bluestacks
- For some reason if you are unable to do it using Bluestacks, you can try other Emulators/OS(e.g Andyroid, iPadian, Knox App Player or Remix OS).
- Sometimes when using TopoDroid, Bluestacks ask your fee to pay but gives you the option to download some apps. Every time it asks you just select “Install apps” and continue using it free.
- You can configure your keys inside Bluestacks. You can map specific key to a specific location. And there is options for tilt, swipe, tap, move up/down/right/left…etc
I hope you enjoyed this guide, please rate and share. If you face any problems running TopoDroid on your PC or any other issues, leave a comment below.