SW Maps – GIS & Data Collector is a free Android App developed by Softwel, especially for Android smartphones and tablets. Today we will show you how can you download and install it on your PC using Android Emulator. So sit tight and just follow the step to step Guide on SW Maps – GIS & Data Collector PC – Free Download.
App Description / Key Features
SW Maps is a free GIS and mobile mapping app for collecting, presenting and sharing geographic information.
Whether you are conducting a full scale GNSS survey with high precision instruments, need to collect large amount of location based data using nothing but your phone, or just need to view a few shapefiles with labels over a background map on the go, SW Maps has it all covered.
Record points, lines, polygons and even photos and have them displayed over your choice of background map, and attach custom attribute data to any feature. Attribute types include text, numbers, an option from a predefined set of choices, photos, audio clips and videos.
Conduct high accuracy GPS surveys using external RTK capable receivers over Bluetooth or USB Serial.
Draw features on the map by adding markers, and measure distance and area.
Reuse the layers and attributes of a previous project for another survey, or create templates and share them with other users.
Share the collected data with other users as Geopackages, KMZ or shapefiles, or export them to your device storage. Also share and export recorded data as Spreadsheets (XLS/ODS) or CSV files.
-Online Base maps: Google Maps or Open Street Map
-Support for multiple mbtiles and KML overlays
-Shapefile layers, with attribute categorized styling. View shapefiles in any coordinate system supported by the PROJ.4 library.
-Add multiple online WMTS, TMS, XYZ or WMS layers and cache tiles for offline use.
-Connect to external RTK GPS receivers through Bluetooth or USB Serial for high accuracy surveying using RTK. Also record data from external receiver for post processing.
-Define multiple number of feature layers, each with a set of custom attributes
Feature Types: Point, Line, Polygon
Attribute Types:Text, Numeric, Drop down Options, Photos, Audio, Video
Save as Template for re-use or sharing
-Record GPS tracks, with distance measurement
-Draw features on map and export as KMZ, Shapefiles, GeoJSON or GeoPackages.
-Label features based on attribute values.
-Import feature layers from templates or existing projects.
-Share or export collected data as KMZ (with embedded photographs) , shapefiles, GeoJSON, Geopackage (GPKG), XLS/ODS spreadsheets or csv files.
-Share templates or projects with other users
To load MBTiles, KML, shapefiles, GeoJSON and GeoPackage from external SD card, create the following folders in the SD card root and copy files to the relevant folders.
For Android 11 users, the SW Maps folder can be found in Android/data/np.com.softwel.swmaps/files.
This product is made in Nepal and is FREE (no Ads). If you find this useful, please let your friends know that you have used a product from Nepal. Spare sometime to visit this wonderful country and know the Nepali people.
Our team at Techniorg.com has experienced SW Maps – GIS & Data Collector first hand and found it really interesting, entertaining and helpful, and we also recommend it to you all.
Also Read: Life is Strange the best app – Try on PC Now
Download and Install SW Maps – GIS & Data Collector on PC
To download and install SW Maps – GIS & Data Collector for PC, just follow the following steps:
- At first, You have to download and Android emulators like BlueStacks.
- Once the Bluestack is downloaded. Open it, Now the procedure is same as to use the Android phone.
- Enter your Google ID which you are using on Playstore. If you don’t have then create a new one.
- Now the Android screen will appear on Bluestacks, open the Play store from the menu.
- Type SW Maps – GIS & Data Collector on the search bar and go for it.
- Click on the install button and wait for the completion.
- That’s all, enjoy SW Maps – GIS & Data Collector on PC.
Download SW Maps – GIS & Data Collector for Android and Tablets
Google Play Store Link
More SW Maps – GIS & Data Collector Tips Using Bluestacks
- For some reason if you are unable to do it using Bluestacks, you can try other Emulators/OS(e.g Andyroid, iPadian, Knox App Player or Remix OS).
- Sometimes when using SW Maps – GIS & Data Collector, Bluestacks ask your fee to pay but gives you the option to download some apps. Every time it asks you just select “Install apps” and continue using it free.
- You can configure your keys inside Bluestacks. You can map specific key to a specific location. And there is options for tilt, swipe, tap, move up/down/right/left…etc
I hope you enjoyed this guide, please rate and share. If you face any problems running SW Maps – GIS & Data Collector on your PC or any other issues, leave a comment below.