SkyPortal is a free Android App developed by Celestron, especially for Android smartphones and tablets. Today we will show you how can you download and install it on your PC using Android Emulator. So sit tight and just follow the step to step Guide on SkyPortal PC – Free Download.
App Description / Key Features
Celestron’s newest planetarium app is an astronomy suite that redefines how you experience the night sky. Explore the Solar System, 120,000 stars, over 200 star clusters, nebulae, galaxies, and dozens of asteroids, comets, and satellites—including the ISS. SkyPortal includes everything you need to experience the night sky in an exciting new way. When connected to a compatible Celestron WiFi telescope, you can automatically point the telescope to any object in the database and view it with great detail.
Simulate the night sky and plan your observing session with a custom list of tonight’s best objects based on your exact time and location. Look ahead to see when Jupiter’s Great Red Spot will be visible, animate transits, eclipses, and other celestial events. View hundreds of photos or listen to more than four hours of audio narration to enhance your stargazing experience.
Simulate the night sky from anywhere on planet Earth, up to 100 years in the past or future.
Compass Mode (with compatible devices): Hold your device up to the sky for a real-time synchronized display of celestial objects – from star names, constellations, planets, to nebulae and galaxies.
Control compatible Celestron WiFi telescopes with sophisticated mount modeling for quick and accurate go-to alignment.
Animate transits, conjunctions, eclipses, and other events with SkyPortal's Time controls.
Explore the sky with Night Vision turned on, and preserve your eyesight after dark.
Learn the history, mythology, and science of the heavens with SkyPortal's hundreds of object descriptions.
Browse hundreds of astronomical photographs and NASA spacecraft images
Access over 4 hours of audio commentary to guide you through the best celestial objects.
Computerized Telescope Control
Pair your device to your compatible Celestron WiFi telescope, align with Celestron’s patented SkyAlign™ technology, and you’re ready to explore! Identify objects instantly. Tap any object and your telescope automatically centers it in the eyepiece.
SkyPortal’s telescope alignment incorporates advanced mount modeling, providing better pointing accuracy than other telescope systems which rely on a dedicated computer.
SkyPortal has localization support for French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
Ask about our opinion, SkyPortal provides a few new features which make it very entertaining, Thus getting highly recommended by us.
Also Read: Tiledom – Matching Games on PC (Windows / MAC)
Download and Install SkyPortal on PC
To download and install SkyPortal for PC, just follow the following steps:
- At first, You have to download and Android emulators like BlueStacks.
- Once the Bluestack is downloaded. Open it, Now the procedure is same as to use the Android phone.
- Enter your Google ID which you are using on Playstore. If you don’t have then create a new one.
- Now the Android screen will appear on Bluestacks, open the Play store from the menu.
- Type SkyPortal on the search bar and go for it.
- Click on the install button and wait for the completion.
- That’s all, enjoy SkyPortal on PC.
Download SkyPortal for Android and Tablets
Google Play Store Link
More SkyPortal Tips Using Bluestacks
- For some reason if you are unable to do it using Bluestacks, you can try other Emulators/OS(e.g Andyroid, iPadian, Knox App Player or Remix OS).
- Sometimes when using SkyPortal, Bluestacks ask your fee to pay but gives you the option to download some apps. Every time it asks you just select “Install apps” and continue using it free.
- You can configure your keys inside Bluestacks. You can map specific key to a specific location. And there is options for tilt, swipe, tap, move up/down/right/left…etc
I hope you enjoyed this guide, please rate and share. If you face any problems running SkyPortal on your PC or any other issues, leave a comment below.