Scanner Radio Pro is a free Android App developed by GordonEdwards.net LLC, especially for Android smartphones and tablets. Today we will show you how can you download and install it on your PC using Android Emulator. So sit tight and just follow the step to step Guide on Scanner Radio Pro PC – Free Download.
App Description / Key Features
Listen to live audio from over 6,500 police and fire scanners and amateur radio repeaters from around the world (primarily in the United States, Canada, and Australia, with more being added daily).
• View scanners that are located nearest you, sorted by distance.
• View the top 50 scanners that have the most listeners (updated every 5 minutes).
• View list of scanners added most recently (new additions are being added all the time).
• Add scanners you listen to the most to your Favorites list for quick access.
• Browse the directory of scanners by location or genre (public safety, air traffic, railroad, etc).
• Enable notifications to be notified when lots of people (such as over 3500, for example) are listening to any scanner (indicating that something big is happening). You can also be notified when scanners located near you (or specific scanners of your choosing) have more than a certain number of listeners and when new scanners are added.
• Add Scanner Radio Pro widgets and shortcuts to your home screen for quick access (app cannot be installed on SD card to access them).
• Add a "Scanner Radio Pro Favorite" shortcut to your home screen to launch a scanner feed via an alarm clock app or automation app.
• Listen to Broadcastify.com's audio archives to listen to audio that's been archived over the past 6 months Note: You *must* have an account on Broadcastify.com and purchase their "Premium Membership" ($15 for 6 months) in order to access their archives using the app.
• Supports Android Auto.
• Locale/Tasker can be used to launch the app and have one of your Favorites automatically begin playing based on one or more conditions or have the app stop playing. One use for this feature is to have a scanner feed begin playing when your phone connects to a specific Bluetooth device and then have it stop when the connection to that Bluetooth device is no longer present.
In addition to the above features, you also get the following features with this version of the app:
• No ads.
• Access to all 6 theme colors (requires Android 5.x and later).
• Push notifications sent within 5 minutes (vs within 15 minutes in the free version).
• The ability to record the audio.
• The play button at the top of the directory screens and on the widgets can be used to start listening without having to go to the player screen.
The audio is provided by volunteers (primarily for Broadcastify.com) using real scanner radios/police scanners.
If you need assistance, please go to http://support.gordonedwards.net/
Explanation of why a couple of permissions are needed:
• The "Location" permission is required so that the app can determine what scanners are located in your area when you select "Nearby Scanners". When you select "Nearby Scanners" the app first attempts to determine your location via the network, if that fails the app then tries to determine your location via GPS.
• The "Photos/Media/Files" / "modify or delete the contents of your USB storage" permission is required in order for the app to support the ability for you to record the audio you're hearing and be able to save it to a location that you can access from your computer (requires Scanner Radio Pro to be installed or for you to be using Scanner Radio Pro).
Ask about our opinion, Scanner Radio Pro provides a few new features which make it very entertaining, Thus getting highly recommended by us.
Also Read: Wish – Shopping Made Fun Released on Android – PC / Windows & MAC
Download and Install Scanner Radio Pro on PC
To download and install Scanner Radio Pro for PC, just follow the following steps:
- At first, You have to download and Android emulators like BlueStacks.
- Once the Bluestack is downloaded. Open it, Now the procedure is same as to use the Android phone.
- Enter your Google ID which you are using on Playstore. If you don’t have then create a new one.
- Now the Android screen will appear on Bluestacks, open the Play store from the menu.
- Type Scanner Radio Pro on the search bar and go for it.
- Click on the install button and wait for the completion.
- That’s all, enjoy Scanner Radio Pro on PC.
Download Scanner Radio Pro for Android and Tablets
Google Play Store Link
More Scanner Radio Pro Tips Using Bluestacks
- For some reason if you are unable to do it using Bluestacks, you can try other Emulators/OS(e.g Andyroid, iPadian, Knox App Player or Remix OS).
- Sometimes when using Scanner Radio Pro, Bluestacks ask your fee to pay but gives you the option to download some apps. Every time it asks you just select “Install apps” and continue using it free.
- You can configure your keys inside Bluestacks. You can map specific key to a specific location. And there is options for tilt, swipe, tap, move up/down/right/left…etc
I hope you enjoyed this guide, please rate and share. If you face any problems running Scanner Radio Pro on your PC or any other issues, leave a comment below.