Scanner Radio – Fire and Police Scanner is a free Entertainment App which is available on all Android devices including smartphones and tablets. Today we will show you how can you download and install it on your PC using Android Emulator. So sit tight and just follow the step to step Guide on Scanner Radio – Fire and Police Scanner PC – Free Download.
App Description / Key Features
Listen to live audio from over 7,000 fire and police scanners, weather radios, amateur radio repeaters, air traffic and marine radios from around the world. Turn on notifications to receive alerts anytime a scanner has more than 3500 listeners (find out about major events as they're breaking).
• View scanners located nearest you.
• View the top 50 scanners that have the most listeners.
• View list of scanners added most recently (new scanners are being added all the time).
• Add scanners you listen to the most to your Favorites for quick access.
• Browse the directory by location or genre (public safety, air traffic, railroad, marine, etc).
• Turn on notifications to be notified when major events are happening (details below).
• Add Scanner Radio widgets and shortcuts to your home screen for quick access.
• Supports Android Auto.
Receive a notification anytime:
• …any scanner in the directory has more than 3500 listeners (configurable).
• …a scanner within a certain distance of your location has more than a certain number of listeners.
• …a specific scanner has more than a certain number of listeners.
• …a Broadcastify alert is posted for one of your favorites.
• …a scanner within a certain distance from you is added to the directory.
This is the free version of the app, below are the benefits of purchasing the Pro version (for only $2.99, a one-time purchase):
• No ads.
• Access to all 6 theme colors.
• Push notifications sent within 5 minutes (vs within 15 minutes).
• Ability to record the audio.
• The play button at the top of the directory screens and on the widgets can be used to start listening without having to go to the player screen.
The audio you're able to hear is provided by volunteers (and, in many cases, police and fire departments themselves) for Broadcastify.com and a few other sites using real police scanners and is the same audio you would hear using your own police scanner.
If you need assistance, please go to http://support.gordonedwards.net/
Explanation of why a couple of permissions are needed:
• The "Location" permission is required so that the app can determine what scanners are located in your area when you select "Nearby Scanners". When you select "Nearby Scanners" the app first attempts to determine your location via the network, if that fails the app then tries to determine your location via GPS.
• The "Photos/Media/Files" / "modify or delete the contents of your USB storage" permission is required in order to allow you to record the audio you're hearing and be able to save it to a location that you can access from your computer (requires Scanner Radio Pro to be installed or for you to be using Scanner Radio Pro).
Ask about our opinion, Scanner Radio – Fire and Police Scanner provides a few new features which make it very entertaining, Thus getting highly recommended by us.
Also Read: KOF'98 UM OL Released on Android – PC / Windows & MAC
Download and Install Scanner Radio – Fire and Police Scanner on PC
To download and install Scanner Radio – Fire and Police Scanner for PC, just follow the following steps:
- At first, You have to download and Android emulators like BlueStacks.
- Once the Bluestack is downloaded. Open it, Now the procedure is same as to use the Android phone.
- Enter your Google ID which you are using on Playstore. If you don’t have then create a new one.
- Now the Android screen will appear on Bluestacks, open the Play store from the menu.
- Type Scanner Radio – Fire and Police Scanner on the search bar and go for it.
- Click on the install button and wait for the completion.
- That’s all, enjoy Scanner Radio – Fire and Police Scanner on PC.
Download Scanner Radio – Fire and Police Scanner for Android and Tablets
Google Play Store Link
More Scanner Radio – Fire and Police Scanner Tips Using Bluestacks
- For some reason if you are unable to do it using Bluestacks, you can try other Emulators/OS(e.g Andyroid, iPadian, Knox App Player or Remix OS).
- Sometimes when using Scanner Radio – Fire and Police Scanner, Bluestacks ask your fee to pay but gives you the option to download some apps. Every time it asks you just select “Install apps” and continue using it free.
- You can configure your keys inside Bluestacks. You can map specific key to a specific location. And there is options for tilt, swipe, tap, move up/down/right/left…etc
I hope you enjoyed this guide, please rate and share. If you face any problems running Scanner Radio – Fire and Police Scanner on your PC or any other issues, leave a comment below.