PocketGrib is a free Android App developed by Nicko Brennan, especially for Android smartphones and tablets. Today we will show you how can you download and install it on your PC using Android Emulator. So sit tight and just follow the step to step Guide on PocketGrib PC – Free Download.
App Description / Key Features
With PocketGrib GRIB file viewer you can easily download, view and analyse global weather data.
Wind, preciptation, pressure, temperature and wave data extracted from GRIB files are displayed through our simple interface.
This GRIB viewer is perfect for sailors (both sailing and in the pub), windsurfers, storm chasers, outdoor enthusiasts, amateur and professional meteorologists.
– Choose your map location and have weather information overlaid
– Mapped weather can be animated
– Weather can be viewed as a meteogram (graph) or raw data
– Configurable download to minimise file sizes (great for roaming)
– GRIB files can be downloaded to your PC
– Displays online or offline
PocketGrib downloads and displays the following weather types:
– Wind speed and direction (10 m above mean sea level)
– Precipitation (rain, snow etc)
– Air temperature
– Waves (including Mediterranean and Black Sea)
– Cloud cover
– Relative humidity
– CAPE (Convective Atmospheric Potential Energy)
– Current (Atlantic only)
Direct download of GRIB data from NOAA's GFS (Global Forecast System) model
– Forecasts up to 8 days
– Data steps: 3hr, 6hr, 12hr
– Worldwide Coverage
– Resolution: 0.25°, 0.5°, 1°, 2°
– Data updated 4 times a day (every 6 hours)
Also support for COAMPS, WW3, NOGAPS, RTOFS (Currents) and FNMOC WW3 (Mediterranean wave) models.
By downloading only what the user needs it it possible to keep the GRIB files small which makes it especially convenient for low bandwidth regions or when roaming internationally.
GRIB forecasts are published without human intervention or review. Therefore some knowledge and awareness is required by the end user. Most GRIB models do NOT accurately forecast hurricanes and tropical cyclones so their use should be combined with specific hurricane and tropical cyclone forecasts.
Our team at Techniorg.com has experienced PocketGrib first hand and found it really interesting, entertaining and helpful, and we also recommend it to you all.
Also Read: Cross-stitch : No.draw Released on Android – PC / Windows & MAC
Download and Install PocketGrib on PC
To download and install PocketGrib for PC, just follow the following steps:
- At first, You have to download and Android emulators like BlueStacks.
- Once the Bluestack is downloaded. Open it, Now the procedure is same as to use the Android phone.
- Enter your Google ID which you are using on Playstore. If you don’t have then create a new one.
- Now the Android screen will appear on Bluestacks, open the Play store from the menu.
- Type PocketGrib on the search bar and go for it.
- Click on the install button and wait for the completion.
- That’s all, enjoy PocketGrib on PC.
Download PocketGrib for Android and Tablets
Google Play Store Link
More PocketGrib Tips Using Bluestacks
- For some reason if you are unable to do it using Bluestacks, you can try other Emulators/OS(e.g Andyroid, iPadian, Knox App Player or Remix OS).
- Sometimes when using PocketGrib, Bluestacks ask your fee to pay but gives you the option to download some apps. Every time it asks you just select “Install apps” and continue using it free.
- You can configure your keys inside Bluestacks. You can map specific key to a specific location. And there is options for tilt, swipe, tap, move up/down/right/left…etc
I hope you enjoyed this guide, please rate and share. If you face any problems running PocketGrib on your PC or any other issues, leave a comment below.