PeakLens is a free Travel & Local App which is available on all Android devices including smartphones and tablets. Today we will show you how can you download and install it on your PC using Android Emulator. So sit tight and just follow the step to step Guide on PeakLens PC – Free Download.
App Description / Key Features
PeakLens will transform your mountain activity into an amazing experience, allowing you to get a deeper knowledge of the mountains and to create stunning photos enriched with the most accurate information about the peaks in view.
Discover the names and locations of mountain and hills around you while hiking, climbing, skiing, trekking or enjoying your favorite outdoor activity. Test your mountain knowledge and share your pictures of stunning skyline views with your friends on social networks.
– Precisely identifies mountain peaks and hills in real-time.
– Works worldwide: from Alps, Himalayas, Rocky Mountains and Andes up to the smallest hills, anywhere on Earth.
– Corrects GPS, compass, magnetometer and gyroscope errors with artificial intelligence.
– Works online and offline with pre-downloaded maps.
– High quality photographs with peak names in overlay.
– Knows position, height and distance from you of more than 200.000 peaks.
– Works both with Imperial and Metric unit systems.
PeakLens is a novel Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality app for mountain lovers, hikers and trekkers. It is the result of years of research in artificial intelligence and computer vision, based on a novel algorithm that identifies mountain peaks in real time with high precision. Its core is a software component that compares what you actually see in the camera of your mobile phone or tablet with a virtual panorama, created from a digital 3D landscape model of the Earth. By matching what you see and the virtual panorama, PeakLens automatically corrects most errors that come from the imprecision of the compass and GPS sensor, giving you always the most accurate peak positioning.
– Digital Elevation Model: the digital elevation model of the SRTM project (https://www2.jpl.nasa.gov/srtm) is used for calculating panoramic views.
– Peaks: the Peaks dataset is extracted from Openstreetmap.com.
OpenStreetMap is open data, licensed under the Open Data Commons Open Database License (ODbL).
PeakLens is a research result of Politecnico di Milano, Dipartimento di Elettronica, Informatica e Bioingegneria.
For any comments, questions or feedbacks contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Ask about our opinion, PeakLens provides a few new features which make it very entertaining, Thus getting highly recommended by us.
Also Read: How To Disable Incognito Mode In Chrome On Windows 10 [Guide]
Download and Install PeakLens on PC
To download and install PeakLens for PC, just follow the following steps:
- At first, You have to download and Android emulators like BlueStacks.
- Once the Bluestack is downloaded. Open it, Now the procedure is same as to use the Android phone.
- Enter your Google ID which you are using on Playstore. If you don’t have then create a new one.
- Now the Android screen will appear on Bluestacks, open the Play store from the menu.
- Type PeakLens on the search bar and go for it.
- Click on the install button and wait for the completion.
- That’s all, enjoy PeakLens on PC.
Download PeakLens for Android and Tablets
Google Play Store Link
More PeakLens Tips Using Bluestacks
- For some reason if you are unable to do it using Bluestacks, you can try other Emulators/OS(e.g Andyroid, iPadian, Knox App Player or Remix OS).
- Sometimes when using PeakLens, Bluestacks ask your fee to pay but gives you the option to download some apps. Every time it asks you just select “Install apps” and continue using it free.
- You can configure your keys inside Bluestacks. You can map specific key to a specific location. And there is options for tilt, swipe, tap, move up/down/right/left…etc
I hope you enjoyed this guide, please rate and share. If you face any problems running PeakLens on your PC or any other issues, leave a comment below.