OsmAnd — Offline Maps, Travel & Navigation is a free Android App developed by OsmAnd, especially for Android smartphones and tablets. Today we will show you how can you download and install it on your PC using Android Emulator. So sit tight and just follow the step to step Guide on OsmAnd — Offline Maps, Travel & Navigation PC – Free Download.
App Description / Key Features
OsmAnd is an offline navigation application with access to the free, worldwide, and high-quality offline maps.
Enjoy voice and visual offline navigation, viewing points of interest, creating and managing GPX tracks, using contour lines visualization and altitude info (through plugin), a choice between car navigation, cycle navigation or directions in the pedestrian mode, OSM editing and much more. Just download your free maps and get the following:
• Turn-by-turn voice guidance leads you along the way (recorded and synthesized voices)
• Driving routes get rebuilt whenever you deviate from them
• Lane guidance, street names, and estimated time of arrival will help along the way
• To make your trip safer, day/night mode switches automatically
• You can choose to show speed limit, and get reminders if you exceed it
• You can searches destinations by address, by type (e.g.: parking, restaurant, hotel, gas station), or by geographical coordinates
• Different modes for cycling routes
• You can record your own or upload a GPX track and follow it using GPS navigation
• OSM Public Transport
• Displays POIs (points of interest) around you
• Offline search helps you find the places of interest by opening hours, payment method and other parameters
• Adjusts the map to your direction of motion (or compass)
• Share your location so that your friends can find you
• Shows bicycle routes, hiking paths, and other types of roads
• Allows you to choose how to display names on the map: in English, local, or phonetic spelling
• Displays specialized online tiles, satellite view (from Bing), different overlays like touring/navigation GPX tracks and additional map layers
• Information about sea objects and a contour map of sea depth. Basically convenient sea maps you can use without the internet.
OsmAnd ski maps plugin enables you to see ski tracks with the level of complexity and some additional information, like the location of lifts and other facilities.
• High-quality information from the best collaborative projects of the world
• OSM data available per country or region
• Compact offline vector maps updated at least once a month
• Choice between complete region data or just road network (Example: All of Japan is 700 MB or 200 MB for the road network only)
• GPS navigation in cycling mode builds your route using cycling paths
• You can see your speed and altitude
• GPX recording option enables you to record your trip and share it
• Via additional plugin, you can enable displaying contour lines and hill-shading
Walking, hiking, city tour
• The map shows you walking and hiking paths
• GPS pedestrian navigation mode builds your route using walking paths
• You can upload and follow a GPX route or record and share your own hiking routes
• Navigation on public transport: Metro, Buses, Tram and so on.
Contribute to OSM
• Report data bugs
• Upload GPX tracks to OSM directly from the app
• Add POIs and directly upload them to OSM (or later if offline)
OsmAnd is open-source and actively being developed. Everyone can contribute to the application by reporting bugs, improving translations or coding new features. The project is in a lively state of continuous improvement by all these forms of developer and user interaction. The project progress also relies on financial contributions to fund coding and testing of new functionalities.
Approximate map coverage and quality:
• Western Europe: ****
• Eastern Europe: ***
• Russia: ***
• North America: ***
• South America: **
• Asia: **
• Japan & Korea: ***
• Middle East: **
• Africa: **
• Antarctica: *
Most countries around the globe are available for download!
Get a reliable navigator in your country – be it France, Germany, Mexico, UK, Spain, Netherlands, USA, Russia, Brazil or any other.
Ask about our opinion, OsmAnd — Offline Maps, Travel & Navigation provides a few new features which make it very entertaining, Thus getting highly recommended by us.
Also Read: How to change tile color for desktop apps on Windows 10 [Guide]
Download and Install OsmAnd — Offline Maps, Travel & Navigation on PC
To download and install OsmAnd — Offline Maps, Travel & Navigation for PC, just follow the following steps:
- At first, You have to download and Android emulators like BlueStacks.
- Once the Bluestack is downloaded. Open it, Now the procedure is same as to use the Android phone.
- Enter your Google ID which you are using on Playstore. If you don’t have then create a new one.
- Now the Android screen will appear on Bluestacks, open the Play store from the menu.
- Type OsmAnd — Offline Maps, Travel & Navigation on the search bar and go for it.
- Click on the install button and wait for the completion.
- That’s all, enjoy OsmAnd — Offline Maps, Travel & Navigation on PC.
Download OsmAnd — Offline Maps, Travel & Navigation for Android and Tablets
Google Play Store Link
More OsmAnd — Offline Maps, Travel & Navigation Tips Using Bluestacks
- For some reason if you are unable to do it using Bluestacks, you can try other Emulators/OS(e.g Andyroid, iPadian, Knox App Player or Remix OS).
- Sometimes when using OsmAnd — Offline Maps, Travel & Navigation, Bluestacks ask your fee to pay but gives you the option to download some apps. Every time it asks you just select “Install apps” and continue using it free.
- You can configure your keys inside Bluestacks. You can map specific key to a specific location. And there is options for tilt, swipe, tap, move up/down/right/left…etc
I hope you enjoyed this guide, please rate and share. If you face any problems running OsmAnd — Offline Maps, Travel & Navigation on your PC or any other issues, leave a comment below.