OpenCPN is the newest Maps & Navigation release developed and published by Dave Register. Today we will show you how can you download and install it on your PC using Android Emulator. So sit tight and just follow the step to step Guide on OpenCPN PC – Free Download.
App Description / Key Features
OpenCPN is a full featured Chart Plotter and Navigator application.
Building upon the tradition and experience of OpenCPN for the desktop computers,
OpenCPN for Android brings many of the same features to the mobile platform.
*BSB v3 raster chart (RNC) support.
*S57 vector chart (ENC) support.
*IHO S52 compliant display of S57 vector charts.
*CM93 vector chart support, with per cell offset corrections.
*MBTiles chart overlay support.
*Integrated Chart Downloader
*Single-chart and Quilted display modes.
*North-up, Course-up and Chart-up display modes.
*Moving-map display mode.
*Route navigation with ship tracking functions.
*True north or Magnetic north navigation
*Device-integrated GPS support.
*Bluetooth remote GPS support.
*Network (TCP/UDP) GPS device support.
*Standard NMEA 0183 GPS interface.
*Advance NMEA message handling structure, with built in multiplexer.
*Autopilot output support.
*Networked AIS input with full target tracking and collision alerting.
*AIS support for SART with selectable MMSI for automatic MOB handling.
*AIS support for DSC and GPSGate Buddies.
*Anchor watch/alarm functions.
*GPX Waypoint, Track and Route input and output file support.
*Tide and Current prediction and display by location.
*Route planning with tidal support.
*Builtin great-circle routing.
*GPX Layers for annotation of charts.
*A selection of display themes.
*Google Maps integration.
*Integrated links to eBook User Manual.
By using OpenCPN, you will become part of a worldwide community dedicated to the advancement of electronic charting for your kind of marine application. Whether cruising, racing, fishing, or working professionally on the water, OpenCPN has the features you need for more safety, performance, and fun.
Join us on our dedicated support Forum at
Our team at Techniorg.com has experienced OpenCPN first hand and found it really interesting, entertaining and helpful, and we also recommend it to you all.
Also Read: Animals Puzzle for Kids 🦁🐰🐬🐮🐶🐵 PC Download / Windows 7.8.10 / MAC
Download and Install OpenCPN on PC
To download and install OpenCPN for PC, just follow the following steps:
- At first, You have to download and Android emulators like BlueStacks.
- Once the Bluestack is downloaded. Open it, Now the procedure is same as to use the Android phone.
- Enter your Google ID which you are using on Playstore. If you don’t have then create a new one.
- Now the Android screen will appear on Bluestacks, open the Play store from the menu.
- Type OpenCPN on the search bar and go for it.
- Click on the install button and wait for the completion.
- That’s all, enjoy OpenCPN on PC.
Download OpenCPN for Android and Tablets
Google Play Store Link
More OpenCPN Tips Using Bluestacks
- For some reason if you are unable to do it using Bluestacks, you can try other Emulators/OS(e.g Andyroid, iPadian, Knox App Player or Remix OS).
- Sometimes when using OpenCPN, Bluestacks ask your fee to pay but gives you the option to download some apps. Every time it asks you just select “Install apps” and continue using it free.
- You can configure your keys inside Bluestacks. You can map specific key to a specific location. And there is options for tilt, swipe, tap, move up/down/right/left…etc
I hope you enjoyed this guide, please rate and share. If you face any problems running OpenCPN on your PC or any other issues, leave a comment below.