MEGA is a free Android App developed by Mega Ltd, especially for Android smartphones and tablets. Today we will show you how can you download and install it on your PC using Android Emulator. So sit tight and just follow the step to step Guide on MEGA PC – Free Download.
App Description / Key Features
MEGA provides user-controlled encrypted cloud storage and chat through standard web browsers, together with dedicated apps for mobile devices. Unlike other cloud storage providers, your data is encrypted and decrypted by your client devices only and never by us.
Upload your files from your smartphone or tablet then search, store, download, stream, view, share, rename or delete your files any time, from any device, anywhere. Share folders with your contacts and see their updates in real time. The encryption process means we cannot access or reset your password so you MUST remember it (unless you have your Recovery Key backed up) or you will lose access to your stored files.
End-to-end user-encrypted MEGA video chat allows for total privacy, and has been available through the browser since 2016. It has been extended to our mobile app, with chat history accessible across multiple devices. Users can also easily add files to a chat from their MEGA cloud drive.
MEGA offers a generous 50 GB free storage for all registered users with bonus achievements, and offers paid plans with much higher limits:
PRO LITE subscription: 4.99 € per month or 49.99 € per year gives you 400 GB of storage space and 1 TB of transfer quota per month.
PRO I subscription: 9.99 € per month or 99.99 € per year gives you 2 TB of storage space and 2 TB of transfer quota per month.
PRO II subscription: 19.99 € per month or 199.99 € per year gives you 8 TB of storage space and 8 TB of transfer quota per month.
PRO III subscription: 29.99 € per month or 299.99 € per year gives you 16 TB of storage space and 16 TB of transfer quota per month.
Subscriptions are renewed automatically for successive subscription periods of the same duration and at the same price as the initial period chosen. To manage your subscriptions, simply click on the Play Store icon on your handset, sign in with your Google ID (if you haven't already done so) and then click on the MEGA app. You'll be able to manage your subscription there.
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE -> Download your files from MEGA to your device and upload files from your device to MEGA
CAMERA -> Take a picture and upload your photos to MEGA
READ_CONTACTS -> Easily add contacts from your device as MEGA contacts
RECORD_AUDIO & CAPTURE_VIDEO_OUTPUT (mic and camera) -> MEGA provides for end-to-end encrypted audio/video calls
To enhance users' confidence in the MEGA system, all of the client-side code is published, so interested security researchers can evaluate the encryption process. The code of our mobile app is located on: https://github.com/meganz/android
For more info, please check our website:
Desktop – https://mega.nz/
MEGA provides a quality experience and great visuals, so if you ask about our opinion we recommend its use for greater entertainment.
Also Read: Cookies vs. Claus Released on Android – PC / Windows & MAC
Download and Install MEGA on PC
To download and install MEGA for PC, just follow the following steps:
- At first, You have to download and Android emulators like BlueStacks.
- Once the Bluestack is downloaded. Open it, Now the procedure is same as to use the Android phone.
- Enter your Google ID which you are using on Playstore. If you don’t have then create a new one.
- Now the Android screen will appear on Bluestacks, open the Play store from the menu.
- Type MEGA on the search bar and go for it.
- Click on the install button and wait for the completion.
- That’s all, enjoy MEGA on PC.
Download MEGA for Android and Tablets
Google Play Store Link
More MEGA Tips Using Bluestacks
- For some reason if you are unable to do it using Bluestacks, you can try other Emulators/OS(e.g Andyroid, iPadian, Knox App Player or Remix OS).
- Sometimes when using MEGA, Bluestacks ask your fee to pay but gives you the option to download some apps. Every time it asks you just select “Install apps” and continue using it free.
- You can configure your keys inside Bluestacks. You can map specific key to a specific location. And there is options for tilt, swipe, tap, move up/down/right/left…etc
I hope you enjoyed this guide, please rate and share. If you face any problems running MEGA on your PC or any other issues, leave a comment below.