Location App for SpotterNetwork is a free Android App developed by APEXICE, especially for Android smartphones and tablets. Today we will show you how can you download and install it on your PC using Android Emulator. So sit tight and just follow the step to step Guide on Location App for SpotterNetwork PC – Free Download.
App Description / Key Features
This app will be updated for the March 2020 announced changes! For the 2020 season this version will function. By Nov 2020 it will be updated to the latest Android version and will include the reporting functions. Rapid Report will be rolled into this app at that time. Chaser Location will live on as your solution! Update your location to SpotterNetwork automatically. Open it up set your SN user id in the settings, close it down and it runs in the background. Rock Solid. Run it for months! Updates your location, speed, and direction to SpotterNetwork just like the windows client. Set update times from 2 minutes to longer with the onscreen slider. Also use the Celltower triangulation instead of GPS to save on battery power.
Also includes a button to launch the SpotterNetwork Reports page in your cell phone browser. Authenticate once and save your cookies in the browser and it will launch into the Reports page with your GPS coordinates already filled in.
In Settings add your SpotterNetwork Spotter ID to the setting menu. Be sure to add your encoded number/characters, not your Name or Callsign.
Be sure to also get Rapid Report for Storm Chasers. The first app to provide a simple mobile interface to the new SpotterNetwork reports API. Chaser Location is the official Android client app for SpotterNetwork.
*** Important! *** Android phone vendors (Samsung, Nokia, etc) have added battery life optimization in Oreo and Pie versions and are killing background processes. You must disable this battery saving feature on a per app basis. Vendors and versions are slightly different but basically you follow this (this is for Samsung Galaxy 8 and 9):
Go to Settings -> Apps -> find Chaser Location in the list -> press Battery (Allow background activity may be checked, ignore that setting! ) -> press Optimize Battery usage -> set pulldown to All -> Find Chaser Location in the list again and UNCHECK the setting.
That will let it run in the background without being killed off after a couple hours.***
Note: If you are not seeing your location on SpotterNetwork or any of the feeds but this app shows success. Please go to the SpotterNetwork website and manually enter your starting position once. New accounts must do this only once and then you will show.
Also: Be aware that you must submit 5 quality reports before you will show up on the map. Please make sure you meet this requirement before looking for your dot on the map.
2019 All Rights Reserved – Apexice
Ask about our opinion, Location App for SpotterNetwork provides a few new features which make it very entertaining, Thus getting highly recommended by us.
Also Read: Untis Mobile PC Download / Windows 7.8.10 / MAC
Download and Install Location App for SpotterNetwork on PC
To download and install Location App for SpotterNetwork for PC, just follow the following steps:
- At first, You have to download and Android emulators like BlueStacks.
- Once the Bluestack is downloaded. Open it, Now the procedure is same as to use the Android phone.
- Enter your Google ID which you are using on Playstore. If you don’t have then create a new one.
- Now the Android screen will appear on Bluestacks, open the Play store from the menu.
- Type Location App for SpotterNetwork on the search bar and go for it.
- Click on the install button and wait for the completion.
- That’s all, enjoy Location App for SpotterNetwork on PC.
Download Location App for SpotterNetwork for Android and Tablets
Google Play Store Link
More Location App for SpotterNetwork Tips Using Bluestacks
- For some reason if you are unable to do it using Bluestacks, you can try other Emulators/OS(e.g Andyroid, iPadian, Knox App Player or Remix OS).
- Sometimes when using Location App for SpotterNetwork, Bluestacks ask your fee to pay but gives you the option to download some apps. Every time it asks you just select “Install apps” and continue using it free.
- You can configure your keys inside Bluestacks. You can map specific key to a specific location. And there is options for tilt, swipe, tap, move up/down/right/left…etc
I hope you enjoyed this guide, please rate and share. If you face any problems running Location App for SpotterNetwork on your PC or any other issues, leave a comment below.