IP addresses serve as the internetâ€™s virtual version of a physical address â€“ like a mailbox. To send data to and from your computer to your server â€“ which is necessary to connect to the internet â€“ you need an IP. But, although this allows you to connect to the internet, this means your IP address can help others pinpoint your location. This leads to websites or organizations blocking or censoring the content you can view based on your country â€“ including countries like Hungary.
So, if youâ€™re a Hungarian expat looking to access your home accounts, product sites, or Hungarian-language content, you might not be able to if your IP address is located in another country. Or, if you just want to brush up your Magyar â€“ a good VPN with IP addresses located in Hungary is a must. Weâ€™re going to show you the best VPNs for Hungarian IP addresses. Read on!
- 1 Finding the best VPN for a Hungarian IP address
- 2 Reasons to use a Hungarian IP address
- 3 How to get your Hungarian IP address
- 4 Conclusion
Finding the best VPN for a Hungarian IP address
There are many benefits to using a VPN, like protecting your data online, choosing non-local IP addresses, and unblocking censored and geo-blocked content. Most of these virtues are a direct result of VPN encryption, as well as the online anonymity brought on by using virtual IP addresses. But with that in mind, how can you tell what the best VPN is for you, and if itâ€™s good enough to do the job? You need to do your research, but you need to know what to look for â€“ so we created a list of the key factors to consider:
- Zero-logging policy â€“ Donâ€™t accept anything less than zero logs kept. Your info is only safe if your VPN doesnâ€™t maintain logs on your traffic and data.
- Server network â€“Â Having a large network of servers helps you get the best connection available. Bigger is better here â€“ you want options so you can get online fast.
- Privacy and security â€“Â Your VPN needs to have strong encryption and solid privacy practices so none of your data leaks out or becomes vulnerable.
- Fast speeds â€“Â Nobody likes trying to stream, surf, or download on a slow network.
- Servers located in Hungary â€“Â Without servers in a country, you canâ€™t get a local IP address tied to that location.
Ready to dive in? Here are the top three best VPNs proven to get a reliable Hungarian IP address from anywhere:
ExpressVPN has more than 2,000 servers in 94 countries â€“ including Hungary. They have no limits on speed, bandwidth, P2P networks and torrents, and are one of the fastest VPNs on the market. This gives you buffer-free streaming, seamless browsing, and rapid downloads, making them perfect for streaming video and viewing content from Hungary.
256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak test capabilities, split tunneling, and an automatic kill switch for desktop apps gives you a well-rounded, secure, and private connection every time. If you have trouble with a difficult VPN- or geo-block, you can change the default protocol â€“ UDP, blending speed with security, for solid balance â€“ to any of four other protocols. These other protocols allow for increasing and decreasing security or speed, so youâ€™re sure to be able to pierce any block or stream any video.
And between ExpressVPNâ€™s base of operations â€“ the British Virgin Islands, outside of UK jurisdiction and exempt from surveillance agreements between major countries â€“ and their zero-logging policy, your data and traffic history will be kept private.
Learn more in our full ExpressVPN review!
NordVPN is the largest VPN provider in the industry, with more than 5,100 servers in 62 countries â€“ and growing. They have 10 servers in Hungary alone, so youâ€™ll have no problems getting connected to an IP address there. Their huge network size doesnâ€™t impede their great customer support, which gives you an online help center complete with guides and tutorials, as well as 24/7 live assistance.
And youâ€™ll always be secure, no matter what device you install NordVPN on â€“ which includes Windows, Mac, and Linux software availability, as well as many more, like iOS, Android, and RaspberryPi. This provider also offers you 256-bit AES encryption with five encryption protocols, along with advanced features that can help you double up your security and hide the fact that your using a VPN. You can also add an extra security toggle that blocks ads and malware, giving you an all-in-one security package.
With this advanced features and great speed, NordVPN is one of the most reliable services for bypassing VPN blocks put in place by services like Netflix and Hulu. Their user interface is intuitive and you can quickly find the right server for you with their graphical server map. Finally, NordVPN has one of the best zero-logging policies out there â€“ your traffic logs, IP address, timestamps, bandwidth, and browsing history are never kept.
You can learn more about this massive, secure VPN in our comprehensive NordVPN review.
PrivateVPN has 100 servers in 57 countries, which may seem like a letdown on initial readâ€¦ but they offer a rare dedicated IP address in Budapest, Hungary! To further add, they have top-of-the-line 256-bit AES encryption with a kill switch and DNS leak test included. And combined with great, high, unlimited speeds, not only can you unblock your favorite streaming services, you can also stream them buffer-free.
And, while PrivateVPN gives you excellent speed, security, and unblocking capabilities, they do so with simple software design. Itâ€™s easy to install and one click has you connected in mere moments. If you have trouble of any kind, theyâ€™ll give you fantastic support, even giving you direct access to the developers.
Lastly, PrivateVPN is located in Sweden, a very privacy-friendly country that isnâ€™t part of any agreements like the Five, Nine, or Fourteen Eyes surveillance agreements. So even if a court-order forced PrivateVPN to give up your records â€“ thereâ€™s nothing logged that can be given.
Check out our full review of PrivateVPN.
Reasons to use a Hungarian IP address
VPNs allow you to â€œmoveâ€ your digital location with a click or two. Not that important? Think again. Remember the â€œmailing addressâ€ analogy? Since IP addresses are how the internet world determine your location â€“ allowing sites to censor and block you from viewing them â€“ by changing the IP address connected to your connection, you fool the internet into believing your elsewhere. That includes other countries, like Hungary â€“ and that can allow you to do a lot of things you couldnâ€™t otherwise do.
Hide your IP address
As alluded to a few times by now, using a VPN can help you hide your true IP address. Because if â€œtheyâ€ â€“ websites, your ISP, your government â€“ know your real address, they can find your location. Which means they can learn your identity and track your online activity. Your privacy vanishes instantly.
By using a VPN with a Hungarian IP address (or any IP different from your own), your data is both encrypted by the VPN and made anonymous by the non-local IP â€“ so thereâ€™s nothing to tie the IP address back to you or your actual location. Youâ€™re kept secure and private.
Prevent surveillance and tracking
On a similar vein, when you connect to the internet â€œnormally,â€ your data can be seen by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This is often done unbeknownst to you and sold to third parties, like advertising agencies, which turns your activity and data into a profit. Using a secure VPN with a Hungarian IP address can prevent this by protecting your data in an â€œenvelopeâ€ of encryption to and from the server youâ€™re connected to. So you can be invisible and untraceable.
Get around geo-blocks to access home accounts and TV
If youâ€™re a Hungarian expat or citizen who travels outside the country often, but you want to access your normal websites and services, you may have trouble â€“ unless you get a VPN. By using a VPN, you can select a Hungarian server and access your home accounts and TV shows that are blocked outside the country. So you can still view your favorite media from M1, M2, Duna TV, and RTL Klub without restriction when youâ€™re outside Hungary, as well as access your banking services without triggering fraud alerts.
Further, major online video streaming providers like Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and YouTube change what movies and shows you have access to depending on your location. Even if you live in the U.S. â€“ where most of those services are based â€“ if you access Netflix from a British IP address, youâ€™re only going to be able to see British movies and shows.
So, like being able to access your home accounts and TV with a Hungarian IP address, you can use the same address to watch your favorite TV shows and live sports while outside Hungary.
An open, free internet is essential, especially in our current age â€“ yet many governments and ISPs around the world continue to censor what you can view online. So in many places, websites like Google, Facebook, Twitter, and Wikipedia are unavailable. But with a good VPN, you can pick an IP address from Hungary and get around these censorships â€“ get connected with a Hungarian IP address and say hello to free internet!
How to get your Hungarian IP address
Now that youâ€™ve done your research and picked a reliable service, thereâ€™s just one thing left to do â€“ get connected to your Hungarian IP address! Just follow these steps to get started.
- First, open your favorite web browser on your device and bring up your chosen VPN provider. If you havenâ€™t signed up already, follow through their sign-up process. Itâ€™s usually pretty simple â€“ just select a plan, create a login for your account, and input your best payment method. Once youâ€™re past that, sign into the account and download the VPNâ€™s app for your deviceâ€™s software (Windows, Mac, Androidâ€¦). Many VPN apps for mobile devices are available in your deviceâ€™s app store, but otherwise itâ€™s quick and easy to install directly from the VPNâ€™s website.
- Once youâ€™re done installing the VPN on your device, launch the software and sign in. Most VPN apps will connect to the fastest server available automatically, so to get your Hungarian IP, youâ€™re going to have to change the server. To do that, just open the server browser and find a connection in Hungary. Itâ€™ll take just a few moments for your VPN to resolve the connection, then youâ€™ll be safely connected and online â€“ but donâ€™t do anything just yet.
- Before you start surfing, browsing, streaming, etc. â€“ test your IP address to make sure youâ€™re actually connected to a Hungarian IP address. With the VPN active and connected to the Hungarian IP, open a new window in your web browser and visit â€œipleak.net.â€ This site automatically runs an IP address lookup, and when it completes itâ€™ll show a box by the top that says â€œYour IP addresses.â€ If the IP address youâ€™re connected to is truly a Hungarian IP address, it should show Hungary as your IPâ€™s country of origin â€“ youâ€™re golden and good to go!
Getting a Hungarian IP address â€“ whether for geo-blocks or to watch Hungarian content outside of the country, or just for fun â€“ is a simple matter: just get the right VPN. Not only will you be able to watch, stream, and surf Hungarian content, but youâ€™ll be safe, private, and secure with ease.
Are you from Hungary? Are you traveling there soon, or have in the past? Have you used a VPN to access content from there? Tell us about it in the comments below!