Guthook's Appalachian Trail Guide is a free Travel & Local App which is available on all Android devices including smartphones and tablets. Today we will show you how can you download and install it on your PC using Android Emulator. So sit tight and just follow the step to step Guide on Guthook's Appalachian Trail Guide PC – Free Download.
App Description / Key Features
Please download "Guthook Guides: Hike & Bike Offline" to access the Appalachian Trail, Pinhoti, Benton MacKaye, Long Trail, and Mid State Trail guides. Existing customers may transfer their purchases to the Guthook Guides: Hike & Bike Offline app.
Guthook's Guide to the Appalachian Trail is a detailed, map-based smartphone guide for your hike on the Appalachian Trail or the Long Trail. It maps and lists thousands of important hiker waypoints on the AT (and hundreds for the Long Trail) such as water sources, shelters, tenting sites, road crossings, resupply locations, and many others.
The free demo covers the 8.8-mile Springer Mountain Approach Trail from Amicalola Falls State Park to Springer Mountain southern terminus.
In-app purchases include 9 sections of the AT and the Long Trail in Vermont.
– No mobile or internet connection is required after initial setup — works in Airplane Mode
– Detailed maps with your GPS location
– Elevation profile view
– Custom route creator
– Multiple offline map choices
– Real-time comments from other hikers
– Send your current location and a message to friends or family via Checkin feature
The guidebook lists every waypoint in order by distance along the trail and how far away you are from each waypoint. The guidebook also includes a detailed town guide for major resupply points, towns, and services along the AT.
Waypoint details include:
– Mileage point and elevation
– Distance to the next water source and tent site
– Comments section where you may post comments and read other hikers’ comments
Types of waypoints:
– Water sources (including the reliability of each water source)
– Detailed resupply and town information:
– post offices and other package services
– grocery stores and convenience stores
– gear shops and hardware stores
– lodging, public showers, public restrooms
– public libraries
– Tenting sites/camping sites
– Trail junctions
– Parking areas along the trail
– Picnic areas, campgrounds, ranger stations
– Roads, railroad tracks, power lines, fences, gates
– Natural landmarks (e.g. mountain passes)
About the Appalachian Trail: The Appalachian Trail, or AT, is one of the United States' most treasured national trails. The 2,168-mile trail stretches from Springer Mountain in Georgia to Mount Katahdin in Maine. Along the way it passes through 14 states, including Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. Much of the Long Trail overlaps the AT through the State of Vermont. Many hikers complete the entire trail in one season ("thru-hikers"), and countless others enjoy hiking anywhere from a few miles to hundreds of miles each year.
Appalachian Trail, AT
Ask about our opinion, Guthook's Appalachian Trail Guide provides a few new features which make it very entertaining, Thus getting highly recommended by us.
Also Read: Man or Vampire the best app – Try on PC Now
Download and Install Guthook's Appalachian Trail Guide on PC
To download and install Guthook's Appalachian Trail Guide for PC, just follow the following steps:
- At first, You have to download and Android emulators like BlueStacks.
- Once the Bluestack is downloaded. Open it, Now the procedure is same as to use the Android phone.
- Enter your Google ID which you are using on Playstore. If you don’t have then create a new one.
- Now the Android screen will appear on Bluestacks, open the Play store from the menu.
- Type Guthook's Appalachian Trail Guide on the search bar and go for it.
- Click on the install button and wait for the completion.
- That’s all, enjoy Guthook's Appalachian Trail Guide on PC.
Download Guthook's Appalachian Trail Guide for Android and Tablets
Google Play Store Link
More Guthook's Appalachian Trail Guide Tips Using Bluestacks
- For some reason if you are unable to do it using Bluestacks, you can try other Emulators/OS(e.g Andyroid, iPadian, Knox App Player or Remix OS).
- Sometimes when using Guthook's Appalachian Trail Guide, Bluestacks ask your fee to pay but gives you the option to download some apps. Every time it asks you just select “Install apps” and continue using it free.
- You can configure your keys inside Bluestacks. You can map specific key to a specific location. And there is options for tilt, swipe, tap, move up/down/right/left…etc
I hope you enjoyed this guide, please rate and share. If you face any problems running Guthook's Appalachian Trail Guide on your PC or any other issues, leave a comment below.