Google Indic Keyboard is the newest Tools release developed and published by Google LLC. Today we will show you how can you download and install it on your PC using Android Emulator. So sit tight and just follow the step to step Guide on Google Indic Keyboard PC – Free Download.
App Description / Key Features
Google Indic Keyboard allows you to type messages, update on social networks or compose emails in your own native language on your Android phone. Currently it includes the following keyboards:
– English keyboard
– Assamese keyboard (অসমীয়া)
– Bengali keyboard (বাংলা)
– Gujarati keyboard (ગુજરાતી)
– Hindi keyboard (हिंदी)
– Kannada keyboard (ಕನ್ನಡ)
– Malayalam keyboard (മലയാളം)
– Marathi keyboard (मराठी)
– Odia keyboard (ଓଡ଼ିଆ)
– Punjabi keyboard (ਪੰਜਾਬੀ)
– Tamil keyboard (தமிழ்)
– Telugu keyboard (తెలుగు)
On your phone, if you can read your language in its native script above, you may install and use Google Indic Keyboard to input your language; otherwise your phone may not support your language.
Google Indic Keyboard supports different modes of input:
– Transliteration mode – Get output in your native language by spelling out the pronunciation using English letters (For example, “namaste“ -> “नमस्ते“.)
– Native keyboard mode – Type directly in native script.
– Handwriting mode (currently available for Hindi only) – Write directly on your phone screen.
– Hinglish mode – If you choose “Hindi” as an input language, the English keyboard will suggest both English and Hinglish terms.
How can I enable it and set it as the default keyboard?
– On Android 5.x and newer versions:
Open Settings -> Language & Input, under “KEYBOARD & INPUT METHODS” section, go to Current Keyboard -> Choose Keyboards -> Check “Google Indic Keyboard” -> back to “Language & input” -> Current Keyboard -> Select “English & Indic Languages (Google Indic Keyboard)”When typing in an input box, you can also change the default input method by clicking the keyboard icon on the bottom right corner of the screen.
– On Android 4.x:
Open Settings -> Language & Input, under “KEYBOARD & INPUT METHODS” section, check Google Indic Keyboard, then click Default and select “Google Indic Keyboard” in the “Choose input method” dialog.
When typing in an input box, you can also change the default input method by selecting “Choose input method” in the Notification area.
Google Indic Keyboard provides a quality experience and great visuals, so if you ask about our opinion we recommend its use for greater entertainment.
Also Read: How to schedule messages on Slack [Guide]
Download and Install Google Indic Keyboard on PC
To download and install Google Indic Keyboard for PC, just follow the following steps:
- At first, You have to download and Android emulators like BlueStacks.
- Once the Bluestack is downloaded. Open it, Now the procedure is same as to use the Android phone.
- Enter your Google ID which you are using on Playstore. If you don’t have then create a new one.
- Now the Android screen will appear on Bluestacks, open the Play store from the menu.
- Type Google Indic Keyboard on the search bar and go for it.
- Click on the install button and wait for the completion.
- That’s all, enjoy Google Indic Keyboard on PC.
Download Google Indic Keyboard for Android and Tablets
Google Play Store Link
More Google Indic Keyboard Tips Using Bluestacks
- For some reason if you are unable to do it using Bluestacks, you can try other Emulators/OS(e.g Andyroid, iPadian, Knox App Player or Remix OS).
- Sometimes when using Google Indic Keyboard, Bluestacks ask your fee to pay but gives you the option to download some apps. Every time it asks you just select “Install apps” and continue using it free.
- You can configure your keys inside Bluestacks. You can map specific key to a specific location. And there is options for tilt, swipe, tap, move up/down/right/left…etc
I hope you enjoyed this guide, please rate and share. If you face any problems running Google Indic Keyboard on your PC or any other issues, leave a comment below.