Calibre Companion is a free Android App developed by Samuel Cohen, especially for Android smartphones and tablets. Today we will show you how can you download and install it on your PC using Android Emulator. So sit tight and just follow the step to step Guide on Calibre Companion PC – Free Download.
App Description / Key Features
"100 Best Android Apps of 2019" – PCMag
Calibre Companion (CC), recommended by calibre developers, is three applications in one:
– a superb device-based calibre library organizer
– a high-performance WiFi-based calibre device emulator
– a calibre content server and cloud provider (Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, and Amazon Cloud Drive) client
1) CC is a device-based calibre library organizer. Once you put books on your device using one of the connection methods described below you can:
– view a book's metadata (author, tags, series, rating, dates, etc.).
– sort and group books by their metadata.
– see book lists by cover or by list.
– mark books read and sync this information with calibre.
– launch your book reader application to read a book (works with most reader applications except for Amazon Kindle for Android on non-Fire devices).
2) CC can connect to calibre over WiFi and be detected by calibre as a device. Once connected, you use calibre to move books to and from your device. Calibre automatically updates all the book metadata stored by CC to match the latest in your library.
3) CC can connect to calibre’s content server or to your cloud provider to browse your library and download books to your device. Cloud providers currently supported: Dropbox, Box, Microsoft OneDrive, and calibre libraries on the device or on an SD card.
For more information see our FAQ (http://cc_faq.multipie.co.uk/)
1) CC is not a reader app. You must install and use one of the many excellent reader apps available.
2) CC requires that you use calibre calibre 0.9.02 or later, available at http://calibre-ebook.com/. Some CC features such as syncing book read information require newer versions of calibre.
A free demo version of CC is available in the Google Play store. Install and test with that version if you have concerns that CC won't work on your network or isn't what you need. To get it, go to http://www.multipie.co.uk/calibre-companion/ and click the button for the demo version (links to Google Play don't work here).
– Allow Wi-Fi multicast reception: multicast is required to be able to find calibre without requiring you to enter an IP address.
– Users with Jellybean (Android 4.1): You will also see a permission about “Test access to protected storage”. This is caused by a change Android is making regarding SD card access, and simply means our app can save books on your external storage.
Calibre Companion provides a quality experience and great visuals, so if you ask about our opinion we recommend its use for greater entertainment.
Also Read: How to create and delete a junction link on Windows 10 [Guide]
Download and Install Calibre Companion on PC
To download and install Calibre Companion for PC, just follow the following steps:
- At first, You have to download and Android emulators like BlueStacks.
- Once the Bluestack is downloaded. Open it, Now the procedure is same as to use the Android phone.
- Enter your Google ID which you are using on Playstore. If you don’t have then create a new one.
- Now the Android screen will appear on Bluestacks, open the Play store from the menu.
- Type Calibre Companion on the search bar and go for it.
- Click on the install button and wait for the completion.
- That’s all, enjoy Calibre Companion on PC.
Download Calibre Companion for Android and Tablets
Google Play Store Link
More Calibre Companion Tips Using Bluestacks
- For some reason if you are unable to do it using Bluestacks, you can try other Emulators/OS(e.g Andyroid, iPadian, Knox App Player or Remix OS).
- Sometimes when using Calibre Companion, Bluestacks ask your fee to pay but gives you the option to download some apps. Every time it asks you just select “Install apps” and continue using it free.
- You can configure your keys inside Bluestacks. You can map specific key to a specific location. And there is options for tilt, swipe, tap, move up/down/right/left…etc
I hope you enjoyed this guide, please rate and share. If you face any problems running Calibre Companion on your PC or any other issues, leave a comment below.