bimmer-tool (BTool) is the newest Auto & Vehicles release developed and published by bimmer-tool. Today we will show you how can you download and install it on your PC using Android Emulator. So sit tight and just follow the step to step Guide on bimmer-tool (BTool) PC – Free Download.
App Description / Key Features
bimmer-tool allows to read & clear fault codes, request DPF regeneration, read engine live data and much more in BMW cars.
Try bimmer-tool lite to see whether the app is compatible with your BMW and your OBD adapter.
Important: This application requires a reliable OBD adapter. Cheap adapters will not work. K+D-Can cable of the following Bluetooth adapters are recommended:
– UniCarScan UCSI-2000: Choose setting: D-Can mode: MODE2 https://www.wgsoft.de/shop/obd-2-komplettsysteme/unicarscan/114/unicarscan-ucsi-2000-diagnoseadapter
– Carista https://caristaapp.com/adapter
– Veepeak OBDCheck BLE https://www.veepeak.com/product/obdcheck-ble
Application allows to:
– read DPF regeneration status and detailed information
– request DPF regeneration
– reset DPF adaptation values (required after filter replacement)
– read exhaust fumes pressure
– read injectors adjustments
– read actual and expected values for air mass, intake manifold pressure, fuel pressure
– log data to CSV file for further analysis
– register battery replacement (without changing battery properties)
– reset lamps circuits blocked due to short-circuit error
– reset oil service or change interval**
Supported OBD adapters
– K+D-Can USB: This is recommended and most reliable adapter. You will also need USB-OTG cable.
– ELM327 Bluetooth: Bluetooth connection may be slower than USB. Only genuine ELM327 or PIC18-based adapters will work. It may not work with older engines. More info below.
– ELM327 WiFi: Like ELM Bluetooth connection may be less stable. On some devices mobile data transmission needs to be disabled to use WiFi adapter.
Application works also with BMW E60, E83**, E81, E87, F10, F30, F25 and with M47N/M57N (DDE5) engines in E46/E39** models.
Older engines like M47 DDE3, M57 DDE4 or M54 MS43 also works but only with K+DCan cable.
If you have questions or need any help send me an email. You can find my address on the bottom of the page.
1) Connect adapter to OBD II socket
2) Turn ignition on
3) Connect adapter to your phone:
* USB: Connect adapter to the phone using USB-OTG cable. Phone will ask which app to start – choose bimmer-tool app.
* Bluetooth: Go to phone Bluetooth setting. Search for Bluetooth devices and pair the adapter with the phone (PIN is usually 0000 or 1234).
* Wifi: Turn mobile data transmission off. Turn WiFi on and search for available WiFi networks. Connect the phone to the adapter's WiFi.
4) Start the app, go to 'Car' and choose model and year.
5) Go to 'Connection' and choose connection type, adapter type and communication protocol.
6) Tap 'Connect' button.
– Service reset and rain sensor reset in cars up to 2007 is only possible with UniCarScan UCSI-2000 or K+DCan cable.
– X3 E83 with M47/57 and ELM adapter supports engine only. For other modules use K+DCan cable.
– X5 E53, E39, E46 may not work with Bluetooth adapter. USB K+DCan is recommended.
– Engine 'No response' error in cars up to 2007 and BT/Wifi adapter. If this error occurs from time to time, try selecting ATWM option under advanced connection settings.
– No connection: If adapter & protocol settings are correct and app still cannot connect to the car try force stop all diagnostic applications in application manager (including bimmer-tool) or restart the phone and try to connect again.
Why this app requires permissions?
– Storage: required for USB adapters support
– Photos / Media / Files: allows to create CSV files
– Pair with Bluetooth devices/access Bluetooth settings: required for Bluetooth adapters support
– Full network access: required for WiFi adapters support
– Approximate location: Theoretically it is possible to find approximate location using Bluetooth, however this app does not read/use location.
bimmer-tool (BTool) provides a quality experience and great visuals, so if you ask about our opinion we recommend its use for greater entertainment.
Also Read: How To Find Song Lyrics On Linux With Lyrics Finder [Guide]
Download and Install bimmer-tool (BTool) on PC
To download and install bimmer-tool (BTool) for PC, just follow the following steps:
- At first, You have to download and Android emulators like BlueStacks.
- Once the Bluestack is downloaded. Open it, Now the procedure is same as to use the Android phone.
- Enter your Google ID which you are using on Playstore. If you don’t have then create a new one.
- Now the Android screen will appear on Bluestacks, open the Play store from the menu.
- Type bimmer-tool (BTool) on the search bar and go for it.
- Click on the install button and wait for the completion.
- That’s all, enjoy bimmer-tool (BTool) on PC.
Download bimmer-tool (BTool) for Android and Tablets
Google Play Store Link
More bimmer-tool (BTool) Tips Using Bluestacks
- For some reason if you are unable to do it using Bluestacks, you can try other Emulators/OS(e.g Andyroid, iPadian, Knox App Player or Remix OS).
- Sometimes when using bimmer-tool (BTool), Bluestacks ask your fee to pay but gives you the option to download some apps. Every time it asks you just select “Install apps” and continue using it free.
- You can configure your keys inside Bluestacks. You can map specific key to a specific location. And there is options for tilt, swipe, tap, move up/down/right/left…etc
I hope you enjoyed this guide, please rate and share. If you face any problems running bimmer-tool (BTool) on your PC or any other issues, leave a comment below.