APRSdroid – APRS Client is a free Tools App which is available on all Android devices including smartphones and tablets. Today we will show you how can you download and install it on your PC using Android Emulator. So sit tight and just follow the step to step Guide on APRSdroid – APRS Client PC – Free Download.
App Description / Key Features
APRSdroid is an APRS application for Amateur Radio (HAM) operators. It allows reporting your position as well as sending and receiving messages. It also conveniently displays nearby stations as a list or on a map.
Feel free to contact the author via e-mail with any issues you might encounter. If you are not satisfied, you will get a refund, no questions asked. As there is no way to reply to Play user reviews or to see who wrote them, please use e-mail!
To make full use of APRSdroid, you will need an APRS-IS passcode for your callsign. You can request one in advance at http://aprsdroid.org/passcode/
APRSdroid is Open Source Software written in Scala and licensed under the GPLv2.
The APRSdroid features are:
* See what is going on on APRS with the Hub View or on the map
* One-time or periodic position reporting to APRS
* APRS Messaging support
* Get detailed information about a station
* Follow the movement of a station on the map
* Support for GPS and network location
* Bi-directional APRS-IS support via TCP and AFSK
* Unidirectional position reporting via UDP and HTTP
* Bluetooth TNC support (beta quality)
* Status Bar notification when running and for incoming messages
* AFSK decoding via microphone
* Smart beaconing
The following features are planned for the next months:
* Position reporting profiles
* Tablet UI
* USB serial support
APRSdroid requires some permissions on Android: http://aprsdroid.org/permissions/
Our team at Techniorg.com has experienced APRSdroid – APRS Client first hand and found it really interesting, entertaining and helpful, and we also recommend it to you all.
Also Read: How To Use An Alternative Password For A Windows 10 Live Account [Guide]
Download and Install APRSdroid – APRS Client on PC
To download and install APRSdroid – APRS Client for PC, just follow the following steps:
- At first, You have to download and Android emulators like BlueStacks.
- Once the Bluestack is downloaded. Open it, Now the procedure is same as to use the Android phone.
- Enter your Google ID which you are using on Playstore. If you don’t have then create a new one.
- Now the Android screen will appear on Bluestacks, open the Play store from the menu.
- Type APRSdroid – APRS Client on the search bar and go for it.
- Click on the install button and wait for the completion.
- That’s all, enjoy APRSdroid – APRS Client on PC.
Download APRSdroid – APRS Client for Android and Tablets
Google Play Store Link
More APRSdroid – APRS Client Tips Using Bluestacks
- For some reason if you are unable to do it using Bluestacks, you can try other Emulators/OS(e.g Andyroid, iPadian, Knox App Player or Remix OS).
- Sometimes when using APRSdroid – APRS Client, Bluestacks ask your fee to pay but gives you the option to download some apps. Every time it asks you just select “Install apps” and continue using it free.
- You can configure your keys inside Bluestacks. You can map specific key to a specific location. And there is options for tilt, swipe, tap, move up/down/right/left…etc
I hope you enjoyed this guide, please rate and share. If you face any problems running APRSdroid – APRS Client on your PC or any other issues, leave a comment below.