3D Map is a free Android App developed by Stéphane Sandon, especially for Android smartphones and tablets. Today we will show you how can you download and install it on your PC using Android Emulator. So sit tight and just follow the step to step Guide on 3D Map PC – Free Download.
App Description / Key Features
3D Map displays Maps in 3D with offline mode with world wide coverage.
Very useful on trails or for outdoors activities.
Totally compatible with *offline* mode : you can go and explore back-country without to worry.
All downloaded data, are available when your are off-line !
3D Map has been designed to allow simple terrain navigation.
GPS positioning and sensors make it possible to locate in 3D space.
Coupled with a rendering engine, the map displays in 3D. Mountains are not flat terrain any more !
With sensors, you'll see the map moving at 1st person view.
Make a 360° around and you will see the map turning with you.
The map follows what you are looking !
– Supported Functionalities :
* 3D Rendering engine (2D mode available),
* Zoom scale : change zoom level,
* Inner Zoom : free zoom inside a zoom level,
* Free 3D moving,
* GPS current location,
* Current map altitude,
* Follow mode (GPS),
* Augmented reality mode with sensors and compass,
* Support of magnetic declination,
* Different map orientation : north, compass, GPS or manual,
* Distance measurement,
* Share your current location,
* View tracks / Waypoints in 3D or 2D (KML or GPX) (see https://youtu.be/paaTniKe38M),
* Reverse current track,
* Altimetric profile of tracks,
* Track proximity detection,
* Off-Track distance,
* Slope % or ° calculation,
* Worldwide slopes map : 30°, 35°, 40°, 45° ,
* Ephemeris : Sun trajectory and position with information on sunrise and sunset, … everywhere / everytime,
* Search a place (require internet),
* Markers Management : create & edit your own markers. View them on the map,
* Area download,
* SDCard support,
* Embedded documentation,
– Currently not supported :
* No navigation system,
* No road navigation features,
* No track recording,
However you can load a track (GPX or KML) and the app will follow you on the track as you progress with updated information on your progress.
– Performances & Autonomy :
3D Map has been designed and optimized for 3D mode.
The application takes advantage of available CPU core and also GPU.
Multiple cores will do the job faster and will consume less battery.
From a storage point of view, the difference with a 2D map is marginal.
Once data has been downloaded (by WIFI for best performance), the application is as fast as a video game.
A trade-of had been made to guaranty a good fidelity to performance ratio that should allows a day of use.
Tested on 6+ hours trails in Glacier National Park.
Our team at Techniorg.com has experienced 3D Map first hand and found it really interesting, entertaining and helpful, and we also recommend it to you all.
Also Read: How to remove a video background on Windows 10 [Guide]
Download and Install 3D Map on PC
To download and install 3D Map for PC, just follow the following steps:
- At first, You have to download and Android emulators like BlueStacks.
- Once the Bluestack is downloaded. Open it, Now the procedure is same as to use the Android phone.
- Enter your Google ID which you are using on Playstore. If you don’t have then create a new one.
- Now the Android screen will appear on Bluestacks, open the Play store from the menu.
- Type 3D Map on the search bar and go for it.
- Click on the install button and wait for the completion.
- That’s all, enjoy 3D Map on PC.
Download 3D Map for Android and Tablets
Google Play Store Link
More 3D Map Tips Using Bluestacks
- For some reason if you are unable to do it using Bluestacks, you can try other Emulators/OS(e.g Andyroid, iPadian, Knox App Player or Remix OS).
- Sometimes when using 3D Map, Bluestacks ask your fee to pay but gives you the option to download some apps. Every time it asks you just select “Install apps” and continue using it free.
- You can configure your keys inside Bluestacks. You can map specific key to a specific location. And there is options for tilt, swipe, tap, move up/down/right/left…etc
I hope you enjoyed this guide, please rate and share. If you face any problems running 3D Map on your PC or any other issues, leave a comment below.